S. Pere de la Pedra de Lleida
Community ID
 
2568
 
Town
 
Secà
 
Diocese
 
Lerida (Lleida)
 
Medieval Location
 
Northwest of the city of Lerida
 
Corporate Status
 
Priory
 
Date Founded
 
1260
 
Date Terminated
 
1342 (April 15) (See "Incorporated by," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Santiago
 
Foundation Information
 

The widow Constança d‚Anglesola founded the community on the site of the order of S. Jaume‚s commandery for the towns of Palau d‚Anglesola and Sidamunt. First populated by nuns from S. Maria de Jonqueres.

 
Notable Heads
 

Prioresses: Constança d‚Anglesola (1260), Saura de Sen Romà (1289), Ròmia d‚Oms (1316-20), Guillema de Çatorra (1320-27)

 
Incorporated By
 

S. Maria de Jonqueres, about 15 years after going deeply into debt.

 
Relative Wealth
 

Always had economic problems.

 
Assets/Property
 

Had mills in Cervià, Rossell and la Riba, administered by a freire (lay-brother?) of the order.

 
Contributors
 
Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1260
 
Date Finished
 
1342
 
Length
 
593