S. Nicolau de Camprodon
Community ID
 
1261
 
Town
 
Camprodon
 
Diocese
 
Vich
 
Region
 
Catalonia
 
Medieval Location
 
top of a hill of the Relíques, in the castellany of S. Nicolau, near the village of Camprodon (Ripollès)
 
Date Founded
 
1283 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1581, because of low population. For remaining nuns, see "Incorporated by," below.
 
Religious Order
 
Canonesses Regular
 
Rule
 
Augustinian
 
Incorporated By
 

S. Bartomeu de Bell-lloc. The church of S. Nicolau remained the property ot the duke of Vallahermosa until it collapsed (?) in 1689.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Miscellaneous Information
 

Buildings (originals?) were destroyed by an earthquake in 1428, and the nuns took refuge in the monastery of S. Clara until the rebuilt monastery was ready for them to inhabit.

 
Contributors
 
Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1283
 
Date Finished
 
1581
 
Length
 
684