S. Maria del Pedregal
Community ID
 
1232
 
Town
 
Talladell
 
Diocese
 
Solsona
 
Region
 
Catalonia
 
Medieval Location
 
Between the villages of Talladell and Tàrrega (comarca Urgell)
 
Corporate Status
 
Abbey
 
Date Founded
 
1176
 
Date Terminated
 
1604
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by nuns from S. Maria de Vallbona

 
Incorporated By
  
Dependency Of
  
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Under the protection of the noble house of Anglesola.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Buildings already in ruins by the 17th c, although there is one chapel, restored in 1991, dedicated to the Mare de Déu de la Llet, whose image is carved in a romanesque style.

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

Incorporated nuns from S. Maria de Vallsanta and S. Maria de Bovera in 1589.

 
Contributors
 
Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1176
 
Date Finished
 
1604
 
Length
 
516