S. Maria degli Angeli
Community ID
 
2688
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Maria degli Angioli
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
In the district of S. Pietro, not very far from the walls
 
Date Founded
 
1313 or earlier
 
Religious Order
 
Poor Clares
 
Other Economic Activities
 

Alms received in 1468, 1487 and 1499. In 1487, they were to build an oratory to S. Rocco in the church with the money, and the 1499 alms were to build an infirmary.

 
Litigations
 

In 1326, the Pope named Bishop Theobald of Assisi to be guardian of the privileges of the minor order, and to defend the community against a lawsuit regarding Angiolucciodi Bartolo dalla Valle di Campo. Angiolucciodi had asked for pardon for his fault against Cascolo di Vugnardo when he made his profession as a converso at S. Maria.

 
Early Documents
 

1313: Nuns beg to have prostitutes ejected from nearby houses.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1313
 
Length
 
756