S. Margherita
Community ID
 
553
 
Alternate Names
 
"de turricella"
 
Town
 
Macerata
 
Diocese
 
Camerino (Macerata after c. 1320)
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Medieval Location
 
In 1342, located on the square of "mercato merchandiso"
 
Date Terminated
 
1367 (see "Incorporated By," below).
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded as the result of a donation by Giunta di Camerino.

 
Population Counts
 

1291: 9 nuns

 
Incorporated By
 

Sancta Trinita (see #S. Trinità) in 1367 when the monastery was destroyed to make room for the building of a 2nd city wall for Macerata.

 
Early Documents
 

1268

 
Manuscript Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Finished
 
1367
 
Length
 
562