S. Llucia de Rajadell
Community ID
 
1259
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Miquel de Rajadell
 
Town
 
Rajadell
 
Diocese
 
Vich
 
Region
 
Catalonia
 
Medieval Location
 
To the south-east of the old Mas de Can Maçana; moved to near the church of S. Llúcia on the left bank of the Rajadell river in the early 14th century.
 
Date Founded
 
1278 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1500 or earlier: had been reformed by order of the bishop in 1374, and disappeared sometime during the following century.
 
Religious Order
 
Augustinian Deodonades (this is a mendicant order, not to be confused with Augustinian canonesses)
 
Rule
 
Augustinian
 
Foundation Information
 

The community probably existed before 1278, but this was the year in which they received the Augustinian rule from Bishop Ramón of Anglesola.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

In 1304, a part of the community left to found the monastery of S. Caterina (Clares as of 1344).

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Remains of the church of S. Llucia from the 13th c., partly in Romanesque, partly in Gothic, in a good state of conservation.

 
Contributors
 
Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1278
 
Date Finished
 
1500
 
Length
 
936