S. Catherine
Community ID
 
995
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Katherine Outside Lincoln
 
Town
 
Lincoln
 
Diocese
 
Lincoln
 
Region
 
Lincolnshire
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the town in an antique male monastery of Gilbertine canons and attached to the hospital of S. Sepulchre.
 
Modern Location
 
Lincoln
 
Corporate Status
 
Priory
 
Dedication
 
Catherine
 
Date Founded
 
1148 or later
 
Date Terminated
 
1538
 
Religious Order
 
Gilbertine
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by the episcopacy of Robert of Chesney for lay sisters and notable nuns. Soon after its foundation it began care for the sick inside S. Sepulchre Hospital.S. Sepulchre

 
Incorporated Communities
 

It incorporated the hospital of S. Sepulchre.

 
Dependent Communities
 

House of canons with lay sisters for hospital.

 
Admin. Notes
 

notable nuns / lay sisters & [canoness/census/consecrate]

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1148
 
Date Finished
 
1538
 
Length
 
496