S. Caterina
Community ID
 
2724
 
Town
 
Borgo San Sepolcro
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Date Founded
 
1281 or earlier
 
Religious Order
 
Camaldolese
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Assets/Property
 

In 1248, the nuns obtained the church of S. Cristoforo e Ipollito in the city. On June 28, 1348, Giovanni, Prior General of the Camaldolesi, conceded indulgences to anyone who participated the building of a church for S. Caterina and supported the nuns. Church still extant in the 15th century.

 
Early Documents
 

1281: the Abbot of Borgo Zenone confirms the abbess of S. Caterina.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1281
 
Length
 
173