S. Anna
Community ID
 
2622
 
Alternate Names
 
...di Fr. Paoluccio; ...delle Contesse
 
Town
 
Foligno
 
Diocese
 
Foligno
 
Date Founded
 
1385
 
Religious Order
 
Franciscan, Third Order
 
Congregation
 
Amadei for 40 years, but changed to Osservanti in 1526
 
Foundation Information
 

B. Angelina and Fr. Paoluccio, along with six disciples, after Angelina left Civitella (S. Maria de Via Nova?) on the king's orders, first going to Assisi, then to Foligno.

 
First Members
 

Contessa di Corbara e di Civitella d'Abruzzo was among the founding group.

 
Population Counts
 

30 in the 14th century; 37 in the 15th century; 12 sisters and 3 postulants in 1967.

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Trinci gave the monastery to the B. Angelina. In 1394, the merchand Mariano di Pucetto di Madiolo di Gerardone left the community 50 books.

 
Assets/Property
 

The community acquired the lands adjacent to the monastery in 1407. In 1860, the nuns' ownership of their properties was revoked, leaving them as "guardians" only, but their properties were restored to them in 1925.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

Foligno, Archivio Notarile, n. 1, f. 1 r., 12-VII-1394, ind. 2.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1385
 
Length
 
599