Marienthal
Community ID
 
2459
 
Alternate Names
 
S├╝sterkloster
 
Town
 
Bielefeld
 
Diocese
 
Paderborn
 
Modern Location
 
Bielefeld; in the district of Detmold
 
Dedication
 
unknown
 
Date Founded
 
1491
 
Date Terminated
 
1682
 
Religious Order
 
Augustinian
 
Rule
 
Rule of S. Augustine
 
Foundation Information
 

This community of Augustinian women was founded in 1491. The statutes of the community were established in 1503. The community dissolved circa 1682.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

The Altst├Ąder church library (Kirchenbibliothek) contains several manuscripts from the community, including an Evangelienharmonie, circa fifteenth century, #A 1; a copy of Seuse, 1499, # A 2; a saints lives, written in 1469/75, # A 4; and a Liber precum from the fifteenth century, # H 15. The Gymnasialbibliothek in Bielefeld also contains a Liber precum from the fifteenth century, s. n., and the City archive and Landesgeschichtliche Bibliothek in Bielefeld preservers a prayer book from circa 1500, # Hgb. 154.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Manuscripts Produced
 

Several works from the convent are extant, including two Liber precum, a prayer book, an Evangelical harmony, a copy of saints' lives, and a copy of Seuse (see manuscript sources).

 
Admin. Notes
 

More research necessary

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1491
 
Date Finished
 
1682
 
Length
 
812