Marienstift zum Kreuze auf dem Berge vor Hereford
Community ID
 
1380
 
Alternate Names
 
Conventus montis Sanctae Mariae, monasterium S. Mariae ad montem visionis extra muros oppidid Hervordensis, Marienstift up dem Luttenberge vor Hereford; S. Mary of the Cross in the Mountains of Hereford
 
Town
 
Hereford
 
Dedication
 
S. Mary
 
Date Founded
 
1011
 
Date Terminated
 
1810
 
Religious Order
 
unknown
 
Foundation Information
 

The convent was founded and the church dedicated in 1011.

 
Published Primary Sources
 

The convent archives are in the Staatarchiv in M√ľnster.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1547 the convent accepted the Lutheran reform and the nuns became Lutheran deaconesses. In 1803 the community was reformed. It was dissolved in 1810.

 
Admin. Notes
 

More research is necessary.

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1011
 
Date Finished
 
1810
 
Length
 
558