Klarholz
Community ID
 
1403
 
Diocese
 
Osnabrück, now Paderborn
 
Modern Location
 
In the district of Wiedenbrück
 
Dedication
 
S. Mary, S. Laurentius
 
Date Founded
 
1133
 
Date Terminated
 
1803, May 2
 
Religious Order
 
Premonstratensian
 
Foundation Information
 

The community was founded as a Premonstratensian double house in 1133 in Lette, in the district of Wiedenbrück. In 1138-9 the monks came to Klarholz.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

The archives for the community are located in the archive in Rheda.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Admin. Notes
 

more research necessary

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1133
 
Date Finished
 
1803
 
Length
 
340