Hohenwart
Community ID
 
2582
 
Alternate Names
 
Hohenwarth
 
Town
 
Hohenwart
 
Diocese
 
Augsburg
 
Modern Location
 
In the governmental district of upper Bavaria; in the region of Pfaffenhofen on the Ilm river.
 
Dedication
 
unknown
 
Date Founded
 
1074
 
Date Terminated
 
1895
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

The convent was founded by Count Ortolf and his sister, Wiltrudis, probably of the noble house of Andechs.

 
Architecture & Archaeology
 

In 1895 the convent and church burnt down.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

Only one literary work from this convent is still extant. It is held in the Staatsbibliothek in Munich, #Clm 7381-7390.

 
Secondary Sources
 

Handschriftenerbe des Deutschen Mittelalters, vol. 1, p. 367. Hist. Staetten, p. 294.

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1074
 
Date Finished
 
1895
 
Length
 
441