Hadmersleben
Community ID
 
2532
 
Town
 
Magdeburg
 
Diocese
 
Halberstadt
 
Dedication
 
S. Peter; S. Paul; S. Stephan
 
Date Founded
 
961
 
Date Terminated
 
1810
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine (by the twelfth century)
 
Rule
 
Benedictine (by the twelfth century)
 
Foundation Information
 

This foundation was established as a house of canonesses in 961. It survived as such until the first half of the twelfth century, at which time it became a regular Benedictine convent.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

The University Library in Halle conatins a martyrology dating from the sixteenth century, #Halberst. Domgymnas. 78. The episcopal archive in Trier contains a sixteenth-century Antiphonal, Abt. 95, 502.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Manuscripts Produced
 

A martyrology and antiphonal are the only remaining literary works belonging to this community.

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Contributors Notes
 

Further research is necessary.

 
Date Started
 
961
 
Date Finished
 
1810
 
Length
 
581