Gnadenberg
Community ID
 
2524
 
Alternate Names
 
Mons gratiae; S. Salvator
 
Town
 
Neumarkt
 
Diocese
 
Eichstätt
 
Modern Location
 
In the region of the upper Palentine
 
Dedication
 
S. Salvator (needs verification)
 
Date Founded
 
1420 (male); 1435 (female)
 
Date Terminated
 
1563
 
Religious Order
 
Brigittine
 
Foundation Information
 

This Brigittine community was founded in 1420, originally for men only. In 1435 women joined the community as well. It then existed until 1563 as a double house.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

Sisters from this community helped found Maihingen.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

A manuscript of the revelations of S. Brigit of Sweden from this house is located in the Staatsarchiv in Amberg, #Geistl. Sachen 5138 Nr. 4. The rule of S. Brigit from the community (1433) is located in the University library in Munich, #4o265. A Breviary is held in the Kgl. library in Stockholm, #A 92. A Computus from the fourteenth century is located in the Vatican library, #Vat. Pal. lat. 1405.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Contributors Notes
 

Further research necessary.

 
Date Started
 
1420
 
Date Finished
 
1563
 
Length
 
777