Dietenborn
Community ID
 
2472
 
Town
 
near Sondershausen
 
Diocese
 
Mainz
 
Dedication
 
Blessed Virgin Mary; S. John the Evangelist
 
Date Founded
 
1496-7
 
Date Terminated
 
1525
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian
 
Foundation Information
 

This community was founded and spent most of its monastic history as a male community of Benedictine monks. In 1496/7 it briefly became a community for Cistercian nuns until its dissolution in 1525.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

The University library in Greifswald contains a book of the buildings (Erbauungsbuch) in Niederdeutsch, written in 1518 and owned by Conr. Moguntinensis, #nd. 8o7.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Contributors Notes
 

Further research is necessary.

 
Date Started
 
1496
 
Date Finished
 
1525
 
Length
 
512