Brenkhausen
Community ID
 
1304
 
Alternate Names
 
Gottesthal, Vallis Dei
 
Diocese
 
Paderborn
 
Region
 
Niedersachsen, district Borken
 
Medieval Location
 
The community was founded frist in Ottbergen and moved to S. Aegidienkirche in Brueckenfeld bei Hoexter in 1235. In 1246 it moved to Brenkhausen.
 
Dedication
 
S. Mary
 
Date Founded
 
1234
 
Date Terminated
 
1803
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian/ Benedictine since 1601
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

The community was founded in 1234 by abbot Hermann of Corvey with sisters from the Katharinenkloster by Eisenach.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

The archives are located in the archives of Corvey.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1601 this convent was transferred to Benedictine women of the Bursfeld congregation.

 
Admin. Notes
 

Needs more research

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1234
 
Date Finished
 
1803
 
Length
 
541