Santa Maria degli Angeli
Community ID
 
4963
 
Town
 
Belcaro
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
Belcaro
 
Date Founded
 
ca. 1377
 
Religious Order
 
Order of Penance
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by NULL in the spring of 1377. A member of the political party Dodici and close family friend, Nanni di ser Vanni Savini, donated his fortress to Catherine sometime before 1376. Catherine petitioned the Sienese government to take possession of this fortress on January 25, 1377.