S. Ursula
Community ID
 
2488
 
Alternate Names
 
Weissfrauen
 
Town
 
Erfurt
 
Diocese
 
Mainz
 
Modern Location
 
Erfurt
 
Dedication
 
S. Ursula (?)
 
Date Founded
 
1235 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1667
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine until 1235; Augustinian by 1256
 
Rule
 
Benedictine until 1235; Augustinian by 1256
 
Foundation Information
 

This community was established some time prior to 1235 as a community of Benedictine nuns. In 1256 it became a community of Augustinian nuns. The community was dissolved in 1667.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

A Liber precum from this community, written in 1497, is held in the Klosterbibliothek in Münnerstadt, #406.

 
Secondary Sources
 

Convent Chronicles: Women Writing about Women and Reform in the Late Middle AgesHandschriftenerbe des Deutschen Mittelalters, vol. 1, p. 211.
ZUMKELLER, Adolar. in Reformatio Ecclesiae. Festgabe für E. Iserloh (Paderborn, 1980), 230-258.

 
Manuscripts Produced
 

One Liber precum from this community is still extant; it is held in the convent library in Münnerstadt.

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Contributors Notes
 

Further research is necessary.

 
Date Started
 
1235
 
Date Finished
 
1667
 
Length
 
595