S. Ulrich
Community ID
 
2425
 
Town
 
Würzburg
 
Diocese
 
Würzburg
 
Date Founded
 
1350
 
Date Terminated
 
1583
 
Religious Order
 
unknown
 
Rule
 
unknown
 
Foundation Information
 

This convent developed from a community of Beguines. Berthold von Gota, vicar of the cathedral chapter in Würzburg donate property for the foundation of the convent of S. Ulrich. In 1350 Bishop Albert granted his permission for the foundation. The nuns ran a school for girls (Link, 619).

 
Income
 

At the time of its dissolution, the convent received only 100 ducats yearly.

 
Other Economic Activities
 

The nuns ran a school for girls.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Miscellaneous Information
 

Because the income of the convent was only 100 ducats yearly and the buildings were in ruins, Bishop Julius dissolved the foundation and transferred it into the possession of the university.

 
Admin. Notes
 

More research necessary

 
Contributors
 
June Mecham
 
Date Started
 
1350
 
Date Finished
 
1583
 
Length
 
645