S. Spirito
Community ID
 
2698
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Spirito in Parione
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
Near the Porta Eburnea
 
Date Founded
 
1239
 
Date Terminated
 
1428 (See "Incorporated By," below)
 
Rule
 
Benedictine, then S. Damiano, after 1391.
 
Incorporated By
 

S. Margherita in 1428, at the order of Pope Martin V.

 
Dependency Of
 

S. Maria de Farneta (possibly S. Maria di Cortona?)

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

United with S. Maria delle Vergini in 1391, but the monasteries continued to observe their own rules.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

The ancient church was ceded to the Minimi in 1576. In 1579 they began the construction of a new church that was finished in 1691. The old church is used as a choir and a parish church.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1239
 
Date Finished
 
1428
 
Length
 
647