S. Ruggero
Community ID
 
775
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Rogerii, S. Stephani, S. Stefano
 
Town
 
Barletta
 
Diocese
 
Barletta
 
Region
 
Apulia
 
Medieval Location
 
in Cialdini Street
 
Corporate Status
 
monastery
 
Date Founded
 
uncertain (in the 5th century when Bishop Ruggero of Canne lived or under the name S. Stefano in the 10th century)
 
Date Terminated
 
1811
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Rule
 
Celestine
 
Miscellaneous Information
 

in 1811 the nuns were forced to leave; on July 2, 1812 the buildings were given to Celestine dell'Annuziata

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Finished
 
1811
 
Length
 
344