S. Pietro di Alatri
Community ID
 
368
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Petri
 
Town
 
Alatri
 
Diocese
 
Alatri
 
Region
 
LZ
 
Medieval Location
 
center of town, parish of Frosinone
 
Modern Location
 
Alatri
 
Dedication
 
Peter
 
Date Founded
 
1256 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1515 (later restored)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

Traditionally founded by S. Benedict; buildings and properties were restored in 1561 as S. Annunziata, but this was really a separate community, rather than a continuation of the old one.

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Stefano Conti (also benefactor of S. Pietro di Paliano and S. Maria di Viano) left a donation to the community (see "early documents" #2).

 
Early Documents
 

[1] 1256: Papal bull of Alexander IV; [2] December 5, 1256: testament of Stefano Conti

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

Check relationhip to S. Luca (needs verification) and Stefano Conti.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1256
 
Date Finished
 
1515
 
Length
 
485