S. Nicolo di Carpineta
Community ID
 
2931
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Nicolo del Campo del Mercato
 
Town
 
Bologna
 
Diocese
 
Bologna
 
Region
 
Emilia-Romagna
 
Medieval Location
 
Porta Maggiore (suburb)
 
Date Terminated
 
1322
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

The earliest mention of this community appears in 1238.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

This community moved from a location outside of the Porta Maggiore to a building inside the city by the Campo del Mercato, probably in the 1290s. It had become Augustinian by 1317. The nunnery was destroyed by flood in 1322 and the nuns transferred to the Cistercian S. Gugliemo.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Sherri Johnson