S. Nazzaro dei Burgondi
Community ID
 
665
 
Town
 
Lomellina
 
Region
 
Piedmont
 
Medieval Location
 
Town was located on the river Po, surrounded by immense woods. A roman road led from Lomello to Pavia
 
Date Founded
 
982 or earlier (see "Early Documents," below)
 
Date Terminated
 
1600 or earlier
 
Dependency Of
 

S. Salvtore di Pavia

 
Early Documents
 

[1] Sept. 30, 982. Otto II confirs the transfer of ownership of a number of properties from Capua to S. Salvatore of Pavia, including "cella S. Nazzaro."

[2] 1014. Henry, a dipomat at rome, confirms the privilege given by Otto II and gives the district of Garlasco and the woods of Carbonaro.

[3] March 12, 1395. Emperor Wenceslaus confirms the ancient privileges of the family [?]

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
982
 
Date Finished
 
1600
 
Length
 
926