S. Micheletto
Community ID
 
197
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Michele / S. Michaeli
 
Town
 
Lucca
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
next to the town walls, near the porta S. Pietro and the porta S. Gervasii, next to the cemetary Callisto, at a church founded during the second half of the 8th century
 
Modern Location
 
Cipriano
 
Dedication
 
Saint Michael the Archangel (later Saint Francis and Saint Anthony of Padua)
 
Date Founded
 
1435 (circa)
 
Religious Order
 
Poor Clares, as of 1477
 
Foundation Information
 

1443: Marchesana dal Portico gets the property of an older male monastery, S. Bartolomeo Polirone

 
Dependent Communities
 

Pope enclosed decrees in 1453 & 1463

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Tegrimi family (equal to nobles); several bishops of the town

 
Early Documents
 

1435: Papal donation restored the community as Franciscan Tertiaries

 
Art & Artifacts
 

Portraits of S. Francis and S. Anthony, dating from before 1500

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1435
 
Length
 
547