S. Maria di Montecristo
Community ID
 
2748
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Lorenzo di Monte Cristo
 
Town
 
Todi
 
Diocese
 
Todi
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the Porta Perugina
 
Date Founded
 
1248 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1794 (See "Visitations," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Poor Clares
 
Foundation Information
 

On July 11, 1248, Pope Innocent IV conceded to the nuns of S. Lorenzo di Collazone the right to build a new monastery because of military incursions.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

Reformed in 1515 by S. Chiara.

 
Visitations
 

Stefano Borgio was the apostolic visitor who suppressed the community in 1794.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Currently the site of the Istituto Agrario

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1248
 
Date Finished
 
1794
 
Length
 
506