S. Maria delle Vergini
Community ID
 
520
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Maria della Rosa; S. Tomaso (15th c.); S. Nicolo (16th c.)
 
Town
 
Fabriano
 
Diocese
 
Camerino
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Medieval Location
 
outside of Porta Borgo (moved to the city in 1408 after having been totally destroyed)
 
Date Founded
 
1350
 
Date Terminated
 
1784, by Marcellini. Nuns were forced out for bad behavior between 1518 and 1520, and again in 1554-56. Finally supressed in 1784 and the nuns were divided between S. Romualdo, S. Suca and S. Margherita.
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine, Silvestrini
 
Foundation Information
 

Foundation was endowed by Cavaliese Pierbenedetto di Egido di Aymelde

 
Incorporated Communities
 

Some time between 1408 and 1411, it incorporated into S. Stefano di Vallacera and S. Tommaso de Bocetis. When the monastery took the name S. Nicolo, the church continued to be called "Madonne delle Rosa until the late 18th c.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1350
 
Date Finished
 
1784
 
Length
 
951