S. Maria delle Vergini
Community ID
 
2918
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Orsolina
 
Diocese
 
Bologna
 
Region
 
Emilia-Romagna
 
Medieval Location
 
Porta Maggiore (suburb)
 
Religious Order
 
Augustinian
 
Rule
 
Augustinian
 
Foundation Information
 

The earliest mention of this community appears in 1259.

 
Incorporated By
 

The original nunnery was abandoned in 1428 due to nearby war. They lived for four years in temporary housing, then transferred to S. Lorenzo in 1432.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Sherri Johnson