S. Maria della Misericordia
Community ID
 
2914
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Orsolina
 
Diocese
 
Bologna
 
Region
 
Emilia-Romagna
 
Medieval Location
 
Porta Castiglione (suburb)
 
Date Terminated
 
1432 (?)
 
Religious Order
 
Cistercian
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

The earliest mention of this community appears in 1244.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

Forced out of their nunnery outside of the Porta Castiglione in 1432 by Olivetan monks (S. Michele in Bosco), whose monastery had been destroyed by war. They moved to a nunnery recently abandoned by S. Maria delle Vergini. The community becomes known by the name of its new nunnery, S. Orsolina.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Sherri Johnson