S. Maria de Nova
Community ID
 
484
 
Diocese
 
Ancona
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Medieval Location
 
Near the Seminary, called "del Castello," because their convent was built adjoinding the stone of S. Cataldo
 
Corporate Status
 
Unknown
 
Dedication
 
S. Maria Novi Portus (5th century)
 
Date Founded
 
1038
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by Pierre di Ancona

 
Priveleges & Papal Exemptions
 

10 June 1444: Pope Nicholas V issued a bull requiring Bishop Osimo and the abbot of S. Giovanni de Penelaria to help the nuns of S. Maria Nova recover their goods (this bull also applied to another house: see record S. Gabriele & S. Bartolomeo).

 
Incorporated By
 

Early 15th c., united with the houses of S. Bartolomeo (see record S. Gabriele & S. Bartolomeo) and S. Agnese by Bishop Astergio degli Agnesi, but was separated from them by Pope Eugenius on 14 Jan 1444.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder; Marie Kelleher
 
Date Started
 
1038
 
Length
 
961