S. Maria Annunziata
Community ID
 
745
 
Alternate Names
 
Annuntitionis beatae Mariae Virginis
 
Town
 
Barletta
 
Diocese
 
Barletta
 
Region
 
Apulia
 
Medieval Location
 
In the 14th century: "in pictagio Marsicani iuxta moenie".
 
Corporate Status
 
monastery
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Rule
 
Celestine
 
Foundation Information
 

31 March 1332

 
Incorporated By
 

in the 19th century the community merged with S. Ruggero

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

in 1528 the primitive buildings were destroyed by Renzo di Ceri; the nuns moved to the Captain's palace but in 1807 their monastery was suppressed and a theater was built in its place

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Length
 
421