S. Margherita
Community ID
 
2303
 
Town
 
Città di Castello
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Medieval Location
 
Parish of S. Maria Nova, then SS. Quatro Coronati dell'Adunanza de Folignami. Transferred to parish of S. Florido in 1343, in Via S. Paolo. In 1429, D. Antonia of Angelo Viviani paid for a house and garden between Porta S. Maria and Porta di Florido.
 
Date Terminated
 
1784, or 1815 (See "Incorporated By," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Dominican (Possible change in 1591, when Monsignor Paolo Maria della Rovere exhorted the nuns to live "pie et pudice," and to become Benedictines.)
 
Incorporated Communities
 

In 1573, Bishop Mons. Marchensani transferred twelve nuns from S. Maria del Ponte.

 
Incorporated By
 

United with S. Egidio and S. Antonio, although authors disagree as to whether it was in 1784 or 1815.

 
Income
 

Received 10 libri annually from the commune.

 
Early Documents
 

1300: Will of Brunello, son of Benvegnati.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Finished
 
1784
 
Length
 
779