S. Luca
Community ID
 
514
 
Alternate Names
 
church was called S. Lucia Novella
 
Town
 
Fabriano
 
Diocese
 
Camerino
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Medieval Location
 
outside of the Porta Cervara; moved to outside of the Porta Pisara after it united with S. Salvatore (see "Incorporated By," below).
 
Date Terminated
 
1408 (September 30) -- see "Incorportated By," below.
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

Had its origin as a monastery of "pentute" ("pentube"?) or "convertitie." Had a coat of amrs with a white cow and a closed book of evangel over it.

 
Incorporated By
 

On 30 Sept, 1408, Bishop Giovanni of Camerino transferred the monastery to the city and had it incorporated by the monastery of S. Salvatore (still extant).

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

Had 5 praedicators who acted as preachers of S. Lucia (earlier called "dominici"). In 1371 their procurator was Domenico di Gilia da Fabriano.
In 1587, 4 of the nuns left S. Luca (S. Salvatore?) to found the monastery of S. Benevento of Osimo.

 
Art & Artifacts
 

In the church (S. Lucia Novella) there are two marble epigraphs to the sisters mona Laura Ricci de Monte Carotto and Constante Maria Ciappi from Fabriano

 
Secondary Sources
 

Le chiese di Fabriano

Sassi, R. __Le pergamene dell'Archivio Domenicano di S. Lucia in Fabriano.__ Ancona: 1935.

Notizie storiche del Monastero di S. Margherita in Fabriano, p. 245.

"Fabriano: S. Luca." In __Attualite benedittine,__ p. 24.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Finished
 
1408
 
Length
 
1212