S. Giovani Battista di Boldrone
Community ID
 
21
 
Alternate Names
 
Boldrone
 
Town
 
Florence
 
Diocese
 
Florence
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
3 miles outside of the town at the base of Monte Maurelli, in the popolo S. Maria a Quarto , pieviere di S. Stefano in Pane
 
Modern Location
 
Boldrone
 
Dedication
 
Saint John the Baptist
 
Date Founded
 
1193 or later
 
Date Terminated
 
1502 or later
 
Religious Order
 
Camaldolese
 
Rule
 
Benedictine
 
Population Counts
 

1428: 14

 
Dependent Communities
 

S. Trinita (see S. Trinità), as of 1385. For some time one abbess governed both houses. In 1391, then later the nuns of Boldrone resideed in S. Trinita

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

1193 or later: Buldrone Gherardini donated land towards the foundation of a Camaldolese community (See "Early Documents," below).

 
Early Documents
 

[1] c. 1193: donation of land for the foundation of a community (See "Patrons/Benefactors," above).

[2] 1212

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1193
 
Date Finished
 
1502
 
Length
 
546