S. Giorgio
Community ID
 
2744
 
Town
 
Todi
 
Diocese
 
Todi
 
Medieval Location
 
At the Porta Fratta, on the former site of an ancient temple to Pluto and Prosperina
 
Date Founded
 
1070
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Dependency Of
 

S. Paul of Rome (male community?)

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

On September 4, 1256,Abbess Cristina rented the land and church from Abbot Michele of S. Michele delle Fontanelle for 210 libre ravenne.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

Assemblea Intercomarcal d'Estudiosos. Treballs. (39a: 1994: Cardona), pp. 21 & 42, an d authentic copy of Galetti, Bibliotheca Apostolica Vaticana, Vat. Lat. 8029, c. 57, and Cod. Dipl. c. 253

 
Published Primary Sources
 

Documenti Tudertini, pp. 434-436, no. xxxviii

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1650 the church of S. Giorgio was built on the ruins of the temple of Pluto and Prosperina.

 
Admin. Notes
 

Link MS sources to archive info when available.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1070
 
Length
 
573