S. Galgano
Community ID
 
2682
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the Porta S. Suzanna, near a thermal water spring.
 
Date Founded
 
1290
 
Date Terminated
 
1412 (See "Incorporated By," below) The community became the College of Arte della Lana, then later a tannery in 1792.
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Incorporated By
 

S. Francesco delle Donne, in 1412, at the order of Bishop Antonio Michelotti.

 
Other Economic Activities
 

Received alms distributed by the Brothers of Penitence in 1316.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

The church was demolished in 1792, the title was transfered to an altar of S. Andrea at the Porta S. Suzanna, and the community became a tannery.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1290
 
Date Finished
 
1412
 
Length
 
662