S. Domenico
Community ID
 
233
 
Town
 
Pisa
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
via Saint Egidio
 
Modern Location
 
Pisa
 
Dedication
 
Saint Dominic
 
Date Founded
 
1382
 
Date Terminated
 
1786
 
Religious Order
 
Dominican
 
Rule
 
Augustinian
 
Foundation Information
 

Founded by Gambacorta for her daughter Chiara, who moved to the community with] 4 nuns from S. Croce (S. Croce di Fossa Banda). By 1386, they numbered 15, and moved to a new building.

 
Population Counts
 

5 in 1382; 20 in 1386

 
Priveleges & Papal Exemptions
 

1385, Urban VI

 
Assets/Property
 

The buildings had belonged to the ancient community of S. Maria Valverde (S. Maria di Valverde), and were purchased from abbess of S. Marta (S. Marta) in 1386

 
Early Documents
 

[1] 1382; [2] 1385: papal exemption

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1382
 
Date Finished
 
1786
 
Length
 
331