S. Ciriaco e Niccolo in Via Lata
Community ID
 
417
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Ciriaco inside Via Lata /"de Camilliano"/ SS Stefano, Ciriaco e Niccolo / S. Maria in Via Latina / S. Cyriaci in Via Lata
 
Town
 
Rome
 
Diocese
 
Rome
 
Region
 
LZ
 
Medieval Location
 
inside town, on the ruins of Septa Iulia, Earlier the Piazza del Collegio Romano ( Piazza Camigliano ), the site of an antique male monastery
 
Modern Location
 
Rome
 
Dedication
 
Ciricus / Nicholas / Stephen / Virgin Mary
 
Date Founded
 
940 (traditional date: needs verification)
 
Date Terminated
 
1435 -- given to male monastery
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

Traditionally founded by three sisters: Marozia, Stefania and Teodora, all of whom were sisters of Consul Adalberto

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

1182: Biagio donated usufruct of property to S. Ciriaco and to S. Salvatore "ad duos amantes"

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

some nuns reside til 1451, when the (male?) canons arrive

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
940
 
Date Finished
 
1435
 
Length
 
616