S. Chiara di Citerna
Community ID
 
2300
 
Town
 
Città di Castello
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Medieval Location
 
Originally located in Citerna, but the wars forced them to move to Città di Castello. Probably returned to Citerna in the 15th century.
 
Date Founded
 
1355
 
Religious Order
 
Franciscan tertiaries
 
Foundation Information
 

On February 19, 1355, the assembly gave 200 denarii to build a monastery close to the city.

 
Population Counts
 

In 1355, the following 11 women were sisters at S. Chiara: Abbess Domina Jacopa di Falcuccio, Vanna di Pone di Petriolo, Margherita di Venturino of Citerna, Nesa di Quidaglia, Nicra di Ciscatino, Chiarina di Grifo di Cerecchio; Caterina di Vanne di Selce, Cesca di Sante di Pesterino, Barbara di Lello di Petriolo, Anna di Lello di Guiduccino di Citerna, and Gemma di Cenne di Capuccio di Castello.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

In 1375, the monastery of S. Maria in Trastevere burned, and its nuns went to live at S. Chiara temporarily.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1355
 
Length
 
825