S. Caterina Novella
Community ID
 
2671
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
Porta S. Angelo
 
Date Founded
 
1643-1647 (re-foundation: earlier was the site of S. Chiara, a community of Poor Clares)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Incorporated Communities
 

The new community (formed from the nuns of S. Caterina Vecchia) absorbed S. Benedetto in 1820. In 1936, a group of nuns from S. Elpidio a Mari (Diocese of Firmani) joined the monastery.

 
Incorporated By
 

The community passed through many hands after it was dissolved. It was incorporated by S. Giuliana some time in the sixteenth century. From 1592-1617 it was an episcopal college known as S. Bernardo. In 1622 it was a community of barefoot Carmelites called S. Theresa. In 1647 it was acquired by the nuns of S. Caterina Vecchia.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1643
 
Length
 
842