S. Bevignate
Community ID
 
2675
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Date Founded
 
1296 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1640 (see "Incorporated By," below)
 
Incorporated By
 

In 1640, the community was taken over by monks from S. Benedetto Novello

 
Assets/Property
 

In 1296 the community had under its guardianship the palace and houses of Monte di S. Giorgio, where Perugia's prison was located. The nuns petitioned to sell these properties, and to give the proceeds to the church of S. Bevignate.

 
Other Economic Activities
 

1400: the nuns ask why they have not received a payment for the damages that they had suffered at the hands of Messers Broglia and Mostarelo and the other rebels, who had invaded the monastery during their rebellion against Perugia. In 1401 they received payment for the rebuilding of the church tower. // 1459: They were given wax for the holy day. // 1485: They were given alms.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1296
 
Date Finished
 
1640
 
Length
 
558