S. Bernardo
Community ID
 
2674
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the Porta Sole, in front of the Villa Alessi (or "del Leone"), on the road to the urban cemetery
 
Date Founded
 
1326 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1399, May 16 (See "Incorporated By," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Incorporated By
 

On May 16, 1399, Pope Boniface IX ordered that the community be absorbed by S. Margherita.

 
Other Ecclesiastical Relations
 

The community was a member of the Basilica S. Pietro, and paid them one pound of saffron annually.

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

The community got a banner for the feast of S. Ercolano in 1326.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1326
 
Date Finished
 
1399
 
Length
 
536