S. Benedetto
Community ID
 
480
 
Town
 
Rieti
 
Diocese
 
Rieti
 
Region
 
Umbria
 
Medieval Location
 
in the town, near the church of S. Agata, dependency of the male monastery of Farfa , on the Via Garabaldi (running from the Porta d'Arci to the Porta Conca)
 
Modern Location
 
Rieti
 
Corporate Status
 
Abbey
 
Date Founded
 
1308 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1809
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

property acquired by an oblate

 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

Giovanni Muto de Papazzuri, bishop town grants indulgence of 40 days to all who contribute

 
Litigations
 

In 1375, the nuns won a dispute with Biagio de Leonissa, bishop of Rieti, and as a result were allowed to select their confessors from the convent of S. Agostino of Rieti.

 
Early Documents
 

[1] August 1, 1308: bishop of the town grants indulgence; [2] 1308 17

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project; Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1308
 
Date Finished
 
1809
 
Length
 
583