S. Basilio
Community ID
 
2297
 
Town
 
Città di Castello
 
Diocese
 
Città di Castello
 
Date Terminated
 
1443 (See "Incorporated By," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Congregation
 
Camaldolese
 
Incorporated By
 

In 1443, the monastery was ruined, and the nuns entered the community of S. Maria del Feriale.

 
Charitable/Work
 

Nuns ran a hospital, also named S. Basilio.

 
Early Documents
 

[1] 1282: Nuns are present in the church of S. Basilio when Mancino di Gherardo di Colle, citizen of Castel de' Sorei, made restitution to the nuns of four "libri di denari" that had been let to him "sub pena dupli." // [2] 1292: Domina, daughter of Jacomo Sinibaldi, inherited land from her husband, Antonio Schiari, and gave two pieces of land to the monastery. // [3] July 1340: in the book "De Eleemosynis et Oblationis," the monastery was to receive 10 libras annually.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

Città di Castello, Archivio della cancelleria vescovile (RCV), vol. 7, fol. 19 bis, v., and fol. 140 r.

 
Secondary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Finished
 
1443
 
Length
 
782