S. Anna
Community ID
 
226
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Anne / S. Anna al Renaio
 
Town
 
Pisa
 
Region
 
Tuscany
 
Medieval Location
 
suburbs of Pisa, "par Saint Simone," in 1390; Barbaricana , 1329-90; Renaio , 1275-1329
 
Modern Location
 
Pisa
 
Dedication
 
Saint Anne
 
Date Founded
 
1275
 
Date Terminated
 
1786
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Foundation Information
 

archbishop Frederico Visconti transferred a group of nuns from S. Paulo Stefano (S. Paolo e S. Stefano)

 
Dependency Of
 

S. Paulo Stefano di Pugnano (S. Paolo e S. Stefano)

 
Assets/Property
 

The original location was sold to the Carmelite order. The last location included new buildings on the property.

 
Art & Artifacts
 

famous wooden cross brought by Pisans from Nazareth during the crusades

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

The church was rebuilt in 1747 by the brothers Milani. New decorations were added in 1750.

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1275
 
Date Finished
 
1786
 
Length
 
391