S. Angelo de Arenaria
Community ID
 
2667
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Angelo del Renaio
 
Town
 
Perugia
 
Diocese
 
Perugia
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside the walls, at Monte Melmo, about 4 km. from the Porta S. Angelo
 
Date Founded
 
1248 or earlier
 
Date Terminated
 
1253 -- nuns transferred to town and founded the new community of S. Francesco delle Donne
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine (until transfer)
 
Patrons/Benefactors
 

In 1248 Benvenuta di cilino of Assisi left 3 solidi to the community.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Church remains, has elegant octagonal pillars. Some pictures of other structures also exist.

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1248
 
Date Finished
 
1253
 
Length
 
474