S. Andrea
Community ID
 
548
 
Town
 
Macerata
 
Diocese
 
Camerino (Macerata after c. 1320)
 
Region
 
Marche
 
Medieval Location
 
Probably in the parish of the same name "de Trasannis" that was in existance in 1073
 
Date Founded
 
1073
 
Date Terminated
 
1290-91 (see "Incorporated By," below).
 
Population Counts
 

1291: 6 nuns.

 
Incorporated By
 

S. Domenico in 1290/91 (see S. Domenico). Church was taken over by the secular clergy at the same time.

 
Art & Artifacts
 

A crucifix from the nuns' church was housed in the convent of S. Lorenzo in the 17th c.

 
Manuscript Sources
 

Italy, La Marche, Archivio Provinciale, pergamenacei grandi, caos. IX, littere M & E

AP, Exp. n. 172, c.n.n., #174, c.n.n.

Macerata, Biblioteca Communale, compagnone Pompeo, Memorie, MS 533, c. 514

 
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Contributors Notes
 

This monastery should not be confused with the convent of "de Ceresida" to the north-west of Macerata, of which we know nothing.

 
Date Started
 
1073
 
Date Finished
 
1290
 
Length
 
660