S. Andrea
Community ID
 
744
 
Alternate Names
 
S. Andreae
 
Town
 
Barletta
 
Diocese
 
Barletta
 
Region
 
Apulia
 
Medieval Location
 
unidentifiable, but outside the walls
 
Corporate Status
 
monastery
 
Date Founded
 
1200-1250 (circa)
 
Date Terminated
 
1370-1400 (circa)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine
 
Early Documents
 

1267: Cardinal Rodolfo, bishop of Albano and legate of the Holy See, transferrs land from the "nuns of S. Andree de Barulo" to the abbess of S. Giovanni in Giovinazzo.

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

medieval structures no longer exist

 
Miscellaneous Information
 

In 1461, after the nuns had abandoned the community, it was occupied by Friars Minor.

 
Contributors
 
WRL Project
 
Date Started
 
1200
 
Date Finished
 
1370
 
Length
 
428