S. Agnese
Community ID
 
1448
 
Town
 
Assisi
 
Diocese
 
Assisi
 
Medieval Location
 
Outside of the Porta Perlico, between the river Tescio and the street that goes down to the Ponte Grande.
 
Date Founded
 
1315
 
Date Terminated
 
1479-1494 (See "Incorporated by," below)
 
Religious Order
 
Benedictine until 1341, when Bishop Daminao Bovelli gave it to tertiaries headed by Gianotta Ciccarini with an order that they repair the monastery.
 
Notable Heads
 

Aleutea is abbess in 1340; Nina Pacioli is abbess in 1414, and she sells a house at Porta Rufini to help pay for repairs to the roof of the dormitory.

 
Population Counts
 

1 in 1341; 18 circa 1500 (6 from S. Agnese, 12 from S. Caterina della Picaia).

 
Incorporated By
 

S. Caterina della Picaia in 1479 (Canonical union in 1484; union confirmed by Pope Alexander VI on December 5, 1494).

 
Early Documents
 

1408: record of meeting with Iohanno Masii, the vicar of Bishop Nicolas Vannini; 1423: record of a loan from S. Maria di Paradiso to repair the room of the monastery

 
State Of Medieval Structure
 

Ruins visible among the vegitation

 
Published Primary Sources
  
Contributors
 
Suzanne Wemple-Kinder
 
Date Started
 
1315
 
Date Finished
 
1479
 
Length
 
973